Do Now
An editorial is an article or publication that expresses an opinion. Wikipedia is a user edited informational website. Teachers do not allow us to use Wikipedia as a source. My thoughts about Wikipedia has changed after reading this article. There are many misconceptions about Wikipedia, and my teachers should read this article and hopefully let students use Wikipedia.
My teachers have told me that Wikipedia is not a reliable source. My past English teachers did not allow the use of Wikipedia for projects. This does not make sense to me because Wikipedia is reliable and the sources used are always cited. The only reason for suspicion on Wikipedia would be if there was no cited sources in the Wikipedia article. I always thought Wikipedia was a good source to use as a starting point, and it should not be used alone.
My opinion on Wikipedia has really been impacted by this article. Before reading the article, I thought of Wikipedia as a starting point and nothing more. After reading the article, I found that Wikipedia is an excellent source no matter how it is used. Since teachers oppose Wikipedia so much, I did not think it was used too much. After reading this article I found that more and more Wikipedia pages are being created and revised as time goes by. My opinion on Wikipedia has certainly changed, and it has changed for the better.
An editorial is an article or publication that expresses an opinion. Wikipedia is a user edited informational website. Teachers do not allow us to use Wikipedia as a source. My thoughts about Wikipedia has changed after reading this article. There are many misconceptions about Wikipedia, and my teachers should read this article and hopefully let students use Wikipedia.
My teachers have told me that Wikipedia is not a reliable source. My past English teachers did not allow the use of Wikipedia for projects. This does not make sense to me because Wikipedia is reliable and the sources used are always cited. The only reason for suspicion on Wikipedia would be if there was no cited sources in the Wikipedia article. I always thought Wikipedia was a good source to use as a starting point, and it should not be used alone.
My opinion on Wikipedia has really been impacted by this article. Before reading the article, I thought of Wikipedia as a starting point and nothing more. After reading the article, I found that Wikipedia is an excellent source no matter how it is used. Since teachers oppose Wikipedia so much, I did not think it was used too much. After reading this article I found that more and more Wikipedia pages are being created and revised as time goes by. My opinion on Wikipedia has certainly changed, and it has changed for the better.
No comments:
Post a Comment